Honeymoon on a Budget
Save up for your spending, but splurge on your time together.
A honeymoon in the Caribbean is surely possible if you know where to look. Couples spend a long time saving up for their weddings, and more often than not honeymoons cost much more. Although couples on a romantic vacation deserve only the best, there are ways that can help couples get that much-awaited honeymoon more than just once. There’s no need for lackluster spending if you know where to invest.
If there’s one thing you shouldn’t skimp on, that’s honeymoon trips. The advice, however, pertains to the quality of the romantic getaway and not on the actual cost. You can spend lovely nights in the Caribbean or on the other side of the world and still spend as much or even lesser than what you have initially planned for. There’s no limit to where you can spend your honeymoon, and the following places tell you just that.
• Bali. Indonesia’s tourist lure allows couples to stretch their budget to unimaginable limits. A budget of $300 can have you renting a beachfront bungalow for one whole month. Airfare may be costly, but the overall cost of your vacation recedes in comparison. Best of all, you won’t even need to skimp on the activities you can enjoy. Romantic gestures such as booking for massages, fresh fruit smoothies, or even dining at fine restaurants will cost you incredibly lesser than expected. There are also shops that are filled with household decors that can get you started in designing your own space.
• Malawi, Africa. Limited funds are nonexistent in Malawi if you know what to do. There are several honeymoon packages available in exotic locations. Trek on your very first safari as a married couple through Ulendo Safaris. Activities such as kayaking, swimming, diving, and snorkeling is perfect in Lake Malawi.
• Barbados. Luxury at a low cost is Barbados’ signature. The island can have you ziplining to the middle of the island to spending the fiery night in Holetown. Try windsurfing together on Silver Rock Beach. Golf can easily be your favorite sport together with 99 holes to choose from.
• Canadian Rockies. If you want to steer away for the beach, warm up the cold nights together in North America’s most stunning natural wonders. Spend the day choosing from glacier treks and downhill skiing to exploring waterfalls. The Ptarmigan Inn, Fox Hotel & Suites, and Banff Springs offers cheap accommodations.
• Fiji. Picture-perfect Fiji offers 300 isles to choose from. One of them can fit your honeymoon budget. The thrifty couple can spend as low as $188 for a night in the Anchorage Beach Resort, and enjoy rmantic mountain-view spa rooms and enjoy free breakfasts, kayaks, canoes, and snorkeling gears the next day. There are even cheaper accommodations such as the Crow’s Nest nautical themed villas, which cost just $79 a night.
Get the Bang out of your Honeymoon Buck
If you want your honeymoon to be memorable and at the same time budget-friendly, you need to be prepared for lots of research and planning. Always keep in mind that it’s possible to avoid the full price most of the time through ways like early-booking discounts or shopping for essentials in the right places. Avoid peak times if that’s possible, so as not to incur additional rates.
First, decide on what you both want. Set a budget and strictly work on it. Decide whether you want your romantic getaway in a hot, immaculate island in the Caribbean or in one of those sultry Mexican resorts. If beach is not in your list, you have other choices such as cold, wintry nights in ski resorts, or festive celebrations in traditional villages. Decide what you both agree as essentials, such as pampering times or quiet recluse. These simple initial decisions can lead to well-arranged camping trips, beach nights, or town sleepovers.
Next, work with a travel agent. It’s a honeymoon—you shouldn’t really be sweating it all out without help. It should be stress-free as possible, and travel agents specialize on arranging packages that fit both your taste and budget. It can save you money and time in booking with hotels, airport transfers, meals, and even activities. Once you’ve done these, it’s time to finalize on the place. Choose a cheaper locale that has a weaker local currency and steer clear of potential hazards, such as weather disasters and pests. Book early, some packages offer trips at half the price if you schedule it lots of months before.
Savings Tips Contributed by GuestsHave a savings tip to share? Contribute
I'm out of lgaeue here. Too much brain power on display!