What Information Do We Collect?
When visiting the our web site, you may provide us with two types of information: personal information you voluntarily choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis, and Web site use information gathered on a collective basis as you and others browse our Web site.
Personal Information You Choose to Provide
You will provide us information about yourself, your firm or company, and your practices when you register to be a user of our services, register for certain services, or register for email newsletters and alerts.
If you choose to correspond with us through email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses.
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
Generally, we use personal information for purposes of managing and expanding our activities and providing customer service. Occasionally, we may also use the information we collect to notify you about important changes to our Web site, new services and special offers we think you will find valuable.
1. Security of Information We take security seriously and take numerous precautions to protect the security of Personally Identifiable Information.
Your Personally Identifiable Information resides on a secure server that only selected personnel and contractors have access to.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seek to partner with companies which do the same, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from the site, and are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
3. Types of Information Collected and Uses of Collected Information We collect two types of information about our site Users: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information is information that identifies a specific End User. When you engage in certain activities on the site, such as creating an account, submitting content, posting a review, sending us or our partners feedback, requesting information about our services, submitting an affiliate agreement, posting a video or signing up for special offers from third parties through the site (collectively, "Identification Activities"), We may ask you to provide certain information about yourself.
It is optional for you to engage in an Identification Activity. If you elect to engage in an Identification Activity, We may ask you to provide us with certain personal information about yourself, such as your first and last name, gender, mailing address (including post code), email address, telephone number and date of birth.
Depending on the activity, some of the information we ask you to provide is identified as mandatory and some is identified as voluntary. If you do not provide the mandatory information for a particular activity that requires it, you will not be permitted to engage in that activity.
Non-Personally Identifiable Information
Non-Personally Identifiable Information is information that does not identify a specific End User. This type of information may include things like the Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") of the site you visited before coming to our site, the URL of the site you visit after leaving our site, the type of browser you are using and your Internet Protocol ("IP") address.
We, and/or our authorised third party service providers and advertisers, may automatically collect this information when you visit our site through the use of electronic tools like Cookies and web beacons or Pixel tags.
We use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to troubleshoot, administer the site, analyse trends, gather demographic information, comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities. We may also share this information with our authorised third party service providers and advertisers to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, and programming.
Automatic Logging of Session Data
We automatically log generic information about your computer's connection to the Internet, which we call "session data", that is anonymous and not linked to any personal information. Session data consists of things such as IP address, operating system and type of browser software being used and the activities conducted by the user while on our site. An IP address is a number that lets computers attached to the Internet, such as our web servers, know where to send data back to the user, such as the pages of the site the user wishes to view. We collect session data because it helps us analyze such things as what items visitors are likely to click on most, the way visitors are clicking through the site, how many visitors are surfing to various pages on the site, how long visitors to the site are staying and how often they are visiting. It also helps us diagnose problems with our servers and lets us better administer our systems. Although such information does not identify any visitor personally, it is possible to determine from an IP address a visitor's Internet Service Provider (ISP) and the approximate geographic location of his or her point of connectivity.
4. With whom we Share Personal Information Suppliers such as hotel, airline, car rental, and activity providers, who fulfill your travel reservations. Throughout hotelsavings.com, all services provided by a third-party supplier are described as such. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of any third-party travel supplier whose products you purchase through hotelsavings.com. Please note that these suppliers also may contact you as necessary to obtain additional information about you, facilitate your travel reservation, or respond to a review you may submit.
Third-party vendors who provide services or functions on our behalf, including credit card processing, business analytics, customer service, marketing, distribution of surveys or sweepstakes programs, and fraud prevention. We may also authorize third-party vendors to collect information on our behalf, including as necessary to operate features of our website or to facilitate the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. Third-party vendors have access to and may collect information only as needed to perform their functions and are not permitted to share or use the information for any other purpose.
Business partners with whom we may jointly offer products or services. You can tell when a third party is involved in a product or service you have requested because their name will appear with ours. If you choose to access these optional services, we may share information about you, including your personal information, with those partners so that they can contact you directly by email or post about their products and services. Please note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
Referring websites: If you were referred to hotelsavings.com from another website, we may share some information about you with that referring website so that they can contact you directly by email or post about their products and services. We have not placed limitations on the referring websites’ use of your personal information and we encourage you to review the privacy policies of any website that referred you to hotelsavings.com.
5. Release of Personally Identifiable Information Under no circumstances will we sell or receive payment for licensing or disclosing your personal information. We will not rent or sell your personally identifying information to other companies or individuals, unless we have your consent. We may share such information in any of the following limited circumstances:
-We have your consent.
-We are required to do so by law
-We have a good faith belief that access, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to protect our rights, property or safety and that of users or the public.
While we cannot guarantee privacy perfection, we will address any issue to the best of our abilities as soon as possible.
6. Information Adjustment We believe that you should have the ability to access and edit the Personally Identifiable Information you provide us. You may change any of your Personally Identifiable Information by updating your profile or by sending us an email. Please indicate your name, address and email address, and what information you would like to update when you contact us.
In addition, we may use Third Party Advertising Companies to display advertisements on our site. As part of their service, they may place separate cookies on your computer. We have no access to or control over these cookies.
Please note that if you decline or delete these cookies, some parts of the site may not work properly.
9. Copyright Information contained on and provided through this Site is protected by copyright law. No individual or entity is permitted to copy, publish, or commercially use any information contained on or provided through this Site without our express written permission. We retain the right to initiate appropriate civil and criminal legal proceedings against the infringers of its copyright. The use, reproduction, downloading, or distribution of protected materials may subject you to applicable penalties and damages under copyright laws.